2009-03-17

U programming language is still here

In the past I have published a message here, in this blog, about UPL (Universal Programming Language). To keep things going, I have decided to write a term paper on this issue in my university (Vilnius University). It shall be called "A better programming language" (yes, as simple as that). This paper will mainly discuss both good and bad sides of existant programming languages, trying to collect a list of features that a better PL of the future should have in it.

Yesterday (assuming that 0:33 is already the other day), I was talking to the lecturer who is a supervisor of this upcomming paper, and he didn't support this idea fully. He agreed that it is a good idea to analyse existing programming languages and paradigms, trying to find their hard points and weaknesses, but the idea of creating my own programming language was said to be unnecessary. To be honest, I really hope that I will be able to change my lecturer's mind, because I am going to write this language standards one way or another.

At the moment I am studying OOP (Object Oriented Programming), PBP (Prototype Based Programming) and FP (Functional Programming) paradigms. My idea is to make a careful mixture of those paradigms.

The progress is not as big as it should be, because I still got lots of work with my web page projects (there are already two of them simultaneously at this moment). CMS nearly has its main functionality built already and at the moment its interface is being developed. Anyway, I hope to finish this work on the beginning of April and UPL will then arise!

No comments: