2010-03-28

EPICO

EPICO is the name of a new CMS obfuscator. It's ideas are based on the old obfuscator's ideas which was written by a good friend of mine. However, the old obfuscator was an experiment which provided important knowledge about code obfuscation techniques, but was not flexible enough to survive more than one project. This is why new obfuscator was born with very flexible configuration.

EPICO is capable of obfuscating:

  • JavaScript
  • PHP
  • CSS classes
  • JavaScript and CSS in HTML files

Well, originally PHP, Javascript, CSS are open source technologies and lots of open source people would ask me "why the hell to you need obfuscation?". Well, my answer is rather simple. When I create projects that are based on my framework, I assure good quality and support. However if my client decides to change something on his own, this creates huge problems for me and my product becomes no longer that much reliable.

Obfuscation prevents clients from changing code themselves and in this way I am able to assure that my products are of best quality. This also prevents programmers from changing code in production website only and not changing locally in development mode when changes are needed.

There is also one more advantage. Obfuscated code occupies much less disk space than non-obfuscated one. This also makes the system a bit faster.

1 comment:

cheap oem software said...

Well good-mother-daughter.