2009-07-17

CMS Documentator

Up to this moment I was using PHPDocumentator for documenting my project, but I have realized that it has bugs in it. Sometimes some tags or some lines of comments are ignored and I have already had problematic situations because of this.

To avoid problems in documenting source code, I have decided to create my own documentator. It will be something like a simplified PHPDocumentator version that will not use a single line of code of any other open source project. It is quite possible that I will publish it later in this blog as an open source project.

At the moment about half code is already written and I expect to finish this project in a week (or sooner) as there is nothing difficult there. Here are the tags that will be supported:

@author
@version
@p - PHPDocumentator didn't have this (it is a short for param)
@ap - PHPDocumentator didn't have this (it will be used for a special type of parameters)
@param
@return
@var

All in all, comments will be written much like in PHPDocumentator in order not to reinvent standards and to make portability possible.

No comments: